Saturday, August 9, 2008

Japanese Ghost Ver.2




Hi, guys.

This is my second Ghost painting. My last painting was the final stage of the ghost`s changing sequence, and this one is the first stage, just started transforming into the ghost.

Though I wanted to leave her normal human quite a bit so that I can make contrast to the final stage, I had to make sure that she looks ghost, using crazy hair, top lighting, and so forth. I also wanted to use same type of props as Hitodama(small blue fire, hanging besides her in the last painting). Hitodama was believed to be human soul, often seen at the grave. This is another props that you often see in Japanese Ghost painting. For this painting, I instead used Blood, indicating that she was murdered(by her boyfriend !), also serves as framing.

My next painting might be a bit challenging, coz I need to combine this painting with the last one, and show the in-between. It`s also gonna be crazy and ugly for sure.

Mikio

No comments: